Your one-stop, objective guide for information about energy sources, uses, and options in the San Diego Region.
Annually we use 100,000 Gigawatt-hours of Energy in San Diego County
- To provide energy information for the San Diego Region
- Desriptive not Prescriptive: Energy Data Source does not advocate nor discourage any specific energy component.
We merely provide verifiable facts.
- Quantitative: Whenever possible, physical attributes are expressed quantitatively to show magnitude in context.
- Collaborative: Contributions from any source are welcome.
- Discover how we use energy in San Diego County.
- Understand benefits and limitations of power generating technologies.
- Find power plant construction costs for alternate technologies.
- Find energy production costs for specific technologies.
- Learn the difference between power and energy and why it's important.
- Most data sources promote a specific agenda.
- Information tends to be biased and incomplete.
- Advantages are prominent; concerns are omitted.
- Objective data are difficult to find and compile.
- You will find useful information at-a-glance here.
- Quantitative data are attributed and referenced.
- Subjective information and opinions are clearly stated as such.
- Your input is welcome. All contributions will be accredited.